A friend recently asked me to give them a hand setting up their domain with CloudFlare and then pointing this at their NameCheap cPanel Hosting.
The easiest way I found to do this was;
- Point the domain at NameCheap
- Setup the necessary bits (perhaps just a blank index.html will do)
- Once it’s been 24 hours, add the domain to CloudFlare.
- CloudFlare will then issue you 2 name server you need to point the domain to.
- Update the name servers on your domain providers platform
- CloudFlare will then automatically pull the DNS zone entries from the previous setup (i.e. when it was pointing at NameCheap cPanel directly)